Pickup lines have been around for as long as people have courted each other. They’ve changed through time but the nature of using pickup lines is still the same – rely on humor, write adorable poems and generally – do your best to make the other person smile (even if that means getting a little bit cheesy or ridiculous).
With that being said, do the best pick up lines work in the online realm? The following guide will examine the essentials and provide a few stories you can view as learning opportunities.
Funny Pick Up Lines – Advice for Online Dating
Good pick up lines can break the ice and ease both of you into online communication.
What you need to understand, however, is the fact that you don’t know the other person. As a result, things can become really awkward if you count on crass humor or remarks that somebody may find offensive.
When using cute pick up lines online, you should definitely take it slow. Test the water before revealing more of your personality. Sarcasm and dark humor don’t usually translate well in written text. Thus, being a bit gentler than you normally would be in real life is the way to go.
The Best Pick Up Lines You Can Use Today
Are you looking for some examples of the best pick up lines ever? The following list will give you a good idea about what’s going to work, especially if you’re meeting the right kind of person.
Pick Up Lines for Flirting
For a casual and fun flirt, you can rely on pick up lines like these ones:
- Your hand looks heavy. Let me hold it for you!
- If being sexy and beautiful were crimes, you’d definitely get a life sentence.
- I love your smile but do you know what I love even more? When you smile because of me.
- I am already here. Now, we can start working on the other two wishes you have left.
- I couldn’t help but notice that you’re alone. Would you like us to be alone together?
Don’t push it too far and keep the suggestion covert. Becoming aggressively flirtatious right off the bat could be perceived as too arrogant and you definitely don’t want to be seen this way.
Cute Pick Up Lines To Use at a Bar
Funny pick up lines are best to use in casual settings. You’ll benefit from the peacefulness and the quiet, which will enhance your action. In a bar, these pickup lines will not translate so well to foster the same response.
The type of pickup line to use at a bar is going to be different and it would look like this:
- Don’t you just hate it when people try to use pickup lines on you?
- Do you like sex on the beach? I’m talking about the cocktail, of course!
- You should buy me a drink since I dropped mine when you came in.
- When I text you goodnight later, what phone number should I be using?
Dirty Pick Up Lines – Use with Caution!
The best pick up line is clever. If you manage to pull that off, you will be successful even if your humor is a little bit dirtier. Funny pick up lines work well with a bit of humor because they show you’re joking and you’re well-intentioned.
If you don’t have an idea about good dirty pickup lines, here are a few:
- My future children really, really need your DNA.
- If I flip a coin, what are the chances of me getting head tonight?
- Kissing is the language of love. Would you like to have a deep conversation with me right now?
- I am definitely putting you on my to-do list.
- – Do you want the best sex of your life tonight? – chances are that the other person would say no, respond by saying – In that case, I’m the right guy/girl for you!
Best Opening Lines For Online Dating
The best pick up lines ever are original and fun, whether you’re using them in online or offline context. Keep in mind, however, that humor doesn’t always translate well in the absence of context and body language.
Thus, your opening lines for online dating should never be open to interpretation. Double entendres and very obscure lines are not a good choice.
Some funny pick up lines and memorable openers you can count on in the online realm include the following:
- There is something really wrong with my phone, it doesn’t have your name in it.
- I can feel you staring at my profile picture from here.
- The app says we’re X% compatible. Would you like to test that out in real life?
- What’s the worst opening line you’ve ever received?
- My grandparents met on (dating website or app name that you’re using right now) so I feel really good about this!
Read more: Track Pick Up Lines
A Few Additional Tips on Online Dating
Using good pick up lines in online dating can be quite a lot of fun but they aren’t the things you should be counting on for romantic success. After all, a great opener provides an opportunity. After that, it’s all up to you.
So, if you would like to experience the biggest benefits out of the online dating experience, do count on the following rules:
- Be yourself. Showing your true character, preferences and even your fears can disarm the other person you’re communicating with. In addition, being genuine will also prompt them to be authentic, leading to deeper and more meaningful communication.
- Show some confidence: there’s a huge difference between being confident and being cocky/arrogant. Don’t be afraid to approach people with a bit of self-assuredness. If you know that you are good at something, let it shine. Most people are attracted to confidence, especially when it’s combined with intelligence and a little sprinkle of humor.
- Invite engagement: when opening and when communicating with others online, it’s a good idea to ask open-ended questions. Good openers also show that you have paid attention to their profile. Thus, you could inquire about an interesting profile picture, a favorite TV show or an activity that the person has listed on their profile. This is one of the main reasons why openers like “What’s the worst opening line you’ve ever received?” really do work.
- Be authentic: don’t run away from harder questions and don’t be afraid to speak your truth. Authenticity and vulnerability can disarm just about everyone. People can easily sense genuine interactions, even if these are occurring online. This is why you should never ever use canned and clichéd pick up lines that don’t really speak to your true self.
- Go for laughs: humor is the best weapon in your online dating arsenal, as long as you don’t go for offensive or loaded jokes. Until you get to know the other person’s sense of humor, keep it light-hearted, casual and non-offensive. Otherwise, you can blow a real great opportunity to get to know someone special.
A final thing to remember is that you shouldn’t count on pick up lines if they aren’t your thing. Asking someone a simple question that shows you really care and are interested in finding out more can be a much more effective approach. Using pick up lines for the sake of being original can really backfire (especially if you’re trying to get the attention of someone truly attractive who’s getting bombarded by tons of messages each day).
There are no rules for successful online dating, so don’t look for pre-written phrases you can “cleverly” use on someone else. Be yourself, be considerate and remember to have fun. If you follow these rules, you’ll soon come across someone who shares the exact same views as you.