Last updated on June 9th, 2020 at 01:14 pm
Let’s be honest. The first thing guys pay attention to is appearance. Even when we swipe through the dating apps, we won’t read the profile description if we don’t like the photo. For men, the attraction is simple. If only it would be as easy for women, which we all know is not true. You can tell how different guys and girls are just by comparing male and female dating profile headline examples.
For girls, the attraction is a combination of multiple things. It takes a bunch of factors to form their first impression. You can have the face of James Dean, but this won’t help you win the attention of a girl if you write a sleazy profile description. Profile headline matters, and we suggest that you put some thinking into what is written on yours.
In this post, we’ve gathered some tips for writing the best dating profile headlines for males. We’ll try to give you some inspiration and help you come up with a description that reflects your personality and looks appealing for girls at the same time. Keep reading!
Think about who you are
Want to spark the girls’ interest? Then make your description attention-grabbing and easily noticeable. However, make sure you don’t cross the lines. You will definitely grab attention with inappropriate remark but that’s the wrong kind of attention.
Your profile headline should not be random. Ideally, try to reveal something interesting about you. Say, if you are the people person, show off your funny side. Likewise, if you are rather quiet and humble, try to capitalize on that. Just make sure you don’t lie because if you say that you’re a party animal when you’re not, she’ll eventually know.
Remember that what girls see on your profile will inevitably contribute to the first impression about you. As we know, this is something that lasts. We’ve seen some really bad profile headlines for men, the effect of which is hard to overcome.
One way to approach the dating profile is by focusing on your “archetype” if that’s applicable. For example, if you are an inspiring artist, agile sportsman, or successful businessman, you already have a massive advantage over the rest of the men who can’t boast the same. Think about some of your related qualities that are particularly appealing to the girls and use them to your advantage. That said, it doesn’t really matter what you do for a living. With a little humor and creativity, you can always play it out in a favorable way.
The purpose of dating headlines for men
Keep your goal in mind and stick to it. For example, if you want a serious relationship, you want your headline to imply that and vice versa. If you only want to have some fun and up to casual dating, you shouldn’t state that you are ready to commit.
We assume that you’re not a totally boring type, and you’d probably like to say use a better line than “hi, I’m John”. Take a look at these great dating headlines examples for different situations. We are not telling you should copy paste these, but you might get some inspiration to come up with something of your own.
#1 Funny dating headlines for guys
It’s not a secret that many girls find a sense of humor the sexiest quality. Have her laugh her head off from the very start.
- Willing to lie about how we met.
- Sorry for not responding. Intuition.
- I don’t want to get everything from life. Why on earth would I ask for so much trouble? I’m just going to get the best.
- Beauty is in the eyes of the wine holder.
- I hear you like bad guys? I’m bad at everything.
- Fat, bold, bearing grudges.
- Yes, I promised you the world, but I didn’t mention vacuum cleaner.
- If you look for a guy with a personality then it’s your lucky day because I have multiple. Don’t listen to him.
#2 Witty headlines for dating profiles
Intelligence is another quality that drives girls crazy. We don’t mean Sheldon Cooper style phrases. Just an unusual and witty line to show your imaginative side.
- Fun? Single? Normal?
- Get me out of here please.
- Do you believe in love from the first message or should I send another one?
- I see it. I like it. I want it. I got it.
- Why succumb to sloth if there are other sins?
- Don’t like caffeine? No worries, there are always movies and soccer games!
- Not all the guys on this site are wimps.
- You’ve got two options: Either I marry you or you marry me.
#3 Attention-grabbing headlines for dating sites
Whether you do have the face of James Dean or you don’t, catching the girls’ attention with an extraordinary and unusual headline is a winning strategy.
- Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
- The accidental meeting is the least accidental thing in the world.
- Dating online is always a pleasant surprise 🙂
- You ain’t heard nothin’ yet!
- May the Force be with you.
- You’ll never believe why I moved to …
- You know how to whistle don’t you?
- I’ve been dating since I was fifteen. I’m exhausted. Where is she?
#4 Cute headlines for dating sites
If you are a true romantic at heart, try one of these.
- Let’s go for a joyride! Where to pick you up?
- Your last online date.
- In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.
- Unicorns and good men exist – let me prove you right, at least in one regard!
- There is no age difference, there is intellect difference.
- There is only one happiness in life – to love and be loved.
- No matter how many drawbacks the person has; they will always be perfect if they are loved…
- Looking for my Netflix & chill.
#5 Successful dating headlines
Some of the best online dating headlines for guys are a combination of everything. They are fun, clever, short, and true-to-life. Check out some of the best performing lines below.
- Dentist, but know where the heart is.
- Sometimes I shrink myself to an ordinary. But it gets boring so I get back to my crazy self.
- Looking for a companion to occasionally meet sunrise together for the rest of our life.
- Texting is fine but let’s get out and do something fun together.
- I can’t dance. But I’ll give it a try for the right woman.
- Just a couple of things we could talk about: French movies, Ted Talks, startups, psychology, dogs…
- I am looking for a serious relationship with a non-smoking person who’d seem to me cooler than everyone else.
- You’re trying to seduce me. Aren’t you?
What NOT to write on your dating profile headline
Whereas some headlines can make women interested in you, there are also examples of the headlines you should avoid at all cost, unless you want to break the record of the least visited profile on the website. Below are some of the worst mistakes we’ve ever seen. Don’t do it.
“Hello, my name is Pete. Nice to meet you!”
Well, that’s just lame. It tells nothing about you, and she already can see your name and your age.
“I want to meet a great girl”
This or any other variations of “I’m here to meet a woman” headlines don’t make women check out your profile. And by the way, every girl is great. It’s not Facebook, so you don’t have to explain why you have registered there. It’s not charming anyway.
Dating 101: You don’t say you are DFT. No self-respecting woman would want to deal with a guy like this even if she secretly is DFT too. You just don’t say it from the start. This and other abbreviations for the same matter are bad ideas.
Don’t be afraid to experiment!
We know it’s not so easy to write a perfect dating headline, but don’t take it too seriously. Try different things and experiment with your profile. After all, you can always change what you’ve written if you don’t like it. It’s not your marriage certificate. At the end of the day, you are also choosing. There is no secret to writing the best dating headlines for guys. Just don’t be sleazy or boring.
Dating sites are made for fun so don’t take it too seriously. We hope you will find our tips useful and that you get inspired after reading some good dating headlines for guys. Good luck!