- About WWW2008
- About Beijing
- Call for papers
- Hotel Information
- Media and Publicity
- * Tutorials
- * Workshops
- WWW2007 Survey
Host of the Conference Series
International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee
In Cooperation With
China Computer Federation
International Federation for Information Processing
National Science Foundation of China
World Wide Web Consortium
**Sponsors are Listed In Alphabetic Order**
WWW2008 Student Information - Student Travel Awards
WWW 2008 will offer partial travel support for students to attend the conference. The goal of the travel support program is to encourage participation in the WWW 2008 conference by students that would normally find it difficult to attend. Applications are accepted from students at recognized degree-granting institutions around the world.
List of travel award recipients is released. WWW2008 organizers would like to thank the following organizations for their generous support of the award funds.
Sponsors of the Student Travel Awards:
Application procedures and deadlines
WWW2008 is offering a travel award program to help students offset the costs of attending the conference. Funds for student travel will be provided by NSFC and several other organizations.
This page provides information about the student travel award program, including funding amount, eligibility, application form, and selection process.
To be eligible for a student travel award, you must:
- Be a full-time student at a recognized university, and
- Attend at least 3 days of WWW 2008
Students cannot receive support from both the technical volunteer program and the student travel award program at WWW 2008.
- 3500 CNY (around 500 USD) for students from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, or traveling to WWW 2008 from within these areas.
- 5000 CNY (around 700 USD) for students from universities outside Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, or traveling to WWW 2008 from outside these areas.
There will be 20 to 40 student travel awards available based on the available funds.
Application deadline: March 5, 2008 (11:59pm EST)
Awards will be decided on a merit basis, and announced by March 10, 2008.
A second round of awards with a later deadline may be possible if funds remain, or if additional sponsorship fund for student travel awards is forth-comming.
Travel awards are provided on a reimbursement basis for documented expenses incurred to attend WWW2008, up to the limits stated above. No pre-payment of expenses is provided.
If you are a successful applicant, you will receive payment in person at WWW2008 by presenting to the student travel award program coordinator:
- your original receipts directly related to attending WWW2008 (e.g., registration, travel, accommodation);
- a letter on your university's letterhead paper stating your program of study and verifying your full-time student status;
- evidence of your registration for WWW2008.
The first selection criterion for awards is a well-written justification of why attending WWW20008 is important to your research and/or future career (maximum 150 words).
From the qualified applicants, priority will be determined as follows:
- author (or co-author) who is presenting a refereed paper
- author (or co-author) who is presenting a poster paper
- author (or co-author) of an accepted refereed paper
- author (or co-author) of a submitted (but rejected) refereed paper
- attending a WWW2008 workshop and the WWW2008 conference
- attending the WWW2008 conference
There will be no priority distinction between Ph.D., M.Sc., and undergraduate students. Excessive time in your current graduate or undergraduate program may decrease your chances if competition for these awards is high.
Further questions can be directed to , the coordinator of the student travel award program.