Technology for Developing Regions
Beatty, Wednesday, May 9, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Connecting the Bottom of the Pyramid: An Exploratory Case Study of India's Rural Communication Environment
Sarita Seshagiri, Aman Sagar, Dhaval Joshi
- Communication as Information-Seeking: The Case for Mobile Social Software for Developing Regions
Beth Kolko, Emma Rose, Erica Johnson
- Optimal Audio-Visual Representations for Illiterate Users of Computers
Indrani Medhi, Archana Prasad, Kentaro Toyama
Beatty, Wednesday, May 9, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Identifying and Discriminating Between Web and Peer-to-Peer Traffic in the Network Core
Jeffrey Erman, Anirban Mahanti, Martin Arlitt, Carey Williamson
- Long Distance Wireless Mesh Network Planning: Problem Formulation and Solution
Sayandeep Sen, Bhaskaran Raman
- Is High-Quality VoD Feasible using P2P Swarming?
Siddhartha Annapureddy, Saikat Guha, Dinan Gunawardena, Christos Gkantsidis, Pablo Rodriguez
XML and Web Data
New Brunswick, Wednesday, May 9, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Multiway SLCA-based Keyword Search in XML Data
Chong Sun, Chee-Yong Chan, Amit Goenka
- Visibly Pushdown Automata for Streaming XML
Viraj Kumar, Parthasarathy Madhusudan, Mahesh Viswanathan
- Mapping-Driven XML Transformation
Haifeng Jiang, Howard Ho, Lucian Popa, Wook-Shin Han
New Brunswick, Thursday, May 10, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Querying and Maintaining a Compact XML Storage
Raymond Wong, Franky Lam, William Shui
- XML Design for Relational Storage
Solmaz Kolahi, Leonid Libkin
- A High-Performance Interpretive Approach to Schema-Directed Parsing
Morris Matsa, Eric Perkins, Abraham Heifets, Margaret Gaitatzes Kostoulas, Daniel Silva, Noah Mendelsohn, Michelle Leger
Browsers and User Interfaces
New Brunswick, Wednesday, May 9, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Homepage Live: Automatic Block Tracing for Web Personalization
Jie Han, Dingyi Han, Chenxi Lin, Hua-Jun Zeng, Zheng Chen, Yong Yu
- Open User Profiles for Adaptive News Systems: Help or Harm?
Jae-wook Ahn, Peter Brusilovsky, Jonathan Grady, Daqing He, Sue Yeon Syn
- Investigating Behavioral Variability in Web Search
Ryen White, Steven M. Drucker
New Brunswick, Wednesday, May 9, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- CSurf: A Context-Driven Non-Visual Web-Browser
Jalal Mahmud, Yevgen Borodin, I.V. Ramakrishnan
- GeoTracker: Geospatial and Temporal RSS Navigation
Yih-Farn Chen, Giuseppe Di Fabbrizio, David Gibbon, Rittwik Jana, Serban Jora, Bernard Renger, Bin Wei
- Learning Information Intent via Observation
Anthony Tomasic, Isaac Simmons, John Zimmerman
Alberta, Wednesday, May 9, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Navigation-Aided Retrieval
Shashank Pandit, Christopher Olston
- Efficient Search Engine Measurements
Ziv Bar-Yossef, Maxim Gurevich
- Efficient Search in Large Textual Collections with Redundancy
Jiangong Zhang, Torsten Suel
Alberta, Wednesday, May 9, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- The Discoverability of the Web
Anirban Dasgupta, Arpita Ghosh, Ravi Kumar, Christopher Olston, Sandeep Pandey, Andrew Tomkins
- Combining Classifiers to Identify Online Databases
Luciano Barbosa, Juliana Freire
- An Adaptive Crawler for Locating Hidden-Web Entry Points
Luciano Barbosa, Juliana Freire
Alberta, Wednesday, May 9, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Random Web Crawls
Toufik Bennouas, Fabien de Montgolfier
- Extraction and Classification of Dense Communities in the Web
Yon Dourisboure, Filippo Geraci, Marco Pellegrini
- Web Projections: Learning from Contextual Subgraphs of the Web
Jure Leskovec, Susan Dumais, Eric Horvitz
Alberta, Thursday, May 10, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Supervised Rank Aggregation
Yu-Ting Liu, Tie-Yan Liu, Tao Qin, Zhi-Ming Ma, Hang Li
- Navigating the Intranet with High Precision
Huaiyu Zhu, Alexander Loeser, Sriram Raghavan, Shivakumar Vaithyanathan
- Optimizing Web Search Using Social Annotations
Shenghua Bao, Xiaoyuan Wu, Ben Fei, Gui-Rong Xue, Zhong Su, Yong Yu
Alberta, Friday, May 11, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Robust Methodologies for Modeling Web Click Distributions
Kamal Ali, Mark Scarr
- Predicting Clicks: Estimating the Click-Through Rate for New Ads
Matthew Richardson, Ewa Dominowska, Robert Ragno
- Dynamics of Bid Optimization in Online Advertisement Auctions
Christian Borgs, Jennifer Chayes, Omid Etesami, Nicole Immorlica, Kamal Jain, Mohammad Mahdian
Alberta, Friday, May 11, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Compare&Contrast: Using the Web to Discover Comparable Cases for News Stories
Jiahui Liu, Earl Wagner, Larry Birnbaum
- Answering Bounded Continuous Search Queries in the World Wide Web
Dirk Kukulenz, Alexandros Ntoulas
- Answering Relationship Queries on the Web
Gang Luo, Chunqiang Tang, Ying-li Tian
Alberta, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Dynamic Personalized Pagerank in Entity-Relation Graphs
- A Large-scale Evaluation and Analysis of Personalized Search Strategies
Zhicheng Dou, Ruihua Song, Ji-Rong Wen
- Privacy-Enhancing Personalized Web Search
Yabo Xu, Benyu Zhang, Zheng Chen, Ke Wang
Performance and Scalability
Shaughnessy, Thursday, May 10, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- GlobeTP: Template-Based Database Replication for Scalable Web Applications
Tobias Groothuyse, Swaminathan Sivasubramanian, Guillaume Pierre
- Consistency-preserving Caching of Dynamic Database Content
Niraj Tolia, M. Satyanarayanan
- Optimized Query Planning of Continuous Aggregation Queries in Dynamic Data Dissemination Networks
Rajeev Gupta, Krithi Ramamritham
Shaughnessy, Thursday, May 10, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- A Scalable Application Placement Controller for Enterprise Data Centers
Chunqiang Tang, Malgorzata Steinder, Michael Spreitzer, Giovanni Pacifici
- A Unified Platform for Data Driven Web Applications with Automatic Client-Server Partitioning
Fan Yang, Nitin Gupta, Nicholas Gerner, Xin Qi, Alan Demers, Johannes Gehrke, Jayavel Shanmugasundaram
- MyXDNS: A Request Routing DNS Server With Decoupled Server Selection
Hussein Alzoubi, Michael Rabinovich, Oliver Spatscheck
Pervasive Web and Mobility
Beatty, Thursday, May 10, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Robust Web Page Segmentation for Mobile Terminal Using Content-Distances and Page Layout Information
Gen Hattori, Keiichiro Hoashi, Kazunori Matsumoto, Fumiaki Sugaya
- PRIVE: Anonymous Location-Based Queries in Distributed Mobile Systems
Gabriel Ghinita, Panos Kalnis, Spiros Skiadopoulos
- A Mobile Application Framework for the Geospatial Web
Rainer Simon, Peter Froehlich
Industrial Practice and Experience
New Brunswick, Thursday, May 10, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Google News Personalization: Scalable Online Collaborative Filtering
Abhinandan Das, Mayur Datar, Ashutosh Garg, Shyam Rajaram
- Exploring in the Weblog Space by Detecting Informative and Affective Articles
Xiaochuan Ni, Gui-Rong Xue, Xiao Ling, Yong Yu, Qiang Yang
- Spam Double-Funnel: Connecting Web Spammers with Advertisers
Yi-Min Wang, Ming Ma, Yuan Niu, Hao Chen
Alberta, Thursday, May 10, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Page-level Template Detection via Isotonic Smoothing
Deepayan Chakrabarti, Ravi Kumar, Kunal Punera
- Towards Domain-Independent Information Extraction from Web Tables
Wolfgang Gatterbauer, Paul Bohunsky, Marcus Herzog, Bernhard Kroepl, Bernhard Pollak
- Web Object Retrieval
Zaiqing Nie, Yunxiao Ma, Shuming Shi, Ji-Rong Wen, Wei-Ying Ma
Alberta, Thursday, May 10, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Summarizing Email Conversations with Clue Words
Giuseppe Carenini, Raymond Ng, Xiaodong Zhou
- Organizing and Searching the World Wide Web of Facts - Step Two: Harnessing the Wisdom of the Crowds
- Do Not Crawl in the DUST: Different URLs with Similar Text
Ziv Bar-Yossef, Idit Keidar, Uri Schonfeld
Alberta, Friday, May 11, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- A New Suffix Tree Similarity Measure for Document Clustering
Hung Chim, Xiaotie Deng
- Scaling Up All Pairs Similarity Search
Roberto Bayardo, Yiming Ma, Ramakrishnan Srikant
- Detecting Near-Duplicates for Web Crawling
Gurmeet Manku, Arvind Jain, Anish Das Sarma
Alberta, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Demographic Prediction based on User's Browsing Behavior
Jian Hu, Hua-Jun Zeng, Hua Li, Cheng Niu, Zheng Chen
- Why We Search: Visualizing and Predicting User Behavior
Eytan Adar, Daniel Weld, Brian Bershad, Steven Gribble
- Topic Sentiment Mixture: Modeling Facets and Opinions in Weblogs
Qiaozhu Mei, Xu Ling, Matthew Wondra, Hang Su, ChengXiang Zhai
Alberta, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Wherefore Art Thou R3579X? Anonymized Social Networks, Hidden Patterns, and Structural Steganography
Lars Backstrom, Cynthia Dwork, Jon Kleinberg
- Information Flow Modeling based on Diffusion Rate for Prediction and Ranking
Xiaodan Song, Yun Chi, Koji Hino, Belle Tseng
- NetProbe: A Fast and Scalable System for Fraud Detection in Online Auction Networks
Shashank Pandit, Duen Horng Chau, Samuel Wang, Christos Faloutsos
Shaughnessy, Friday, May 11, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Turning Portlets into Services: The Consumer Profile
Oscar Diaz, Salvador Trujillo, Sandy Perez
- A Framework for Rapid Integration of Presentation Components
Jin Yu, Boualem Benatallah, Regis Saint-Paul, Fabio Casati, Florian Daniel, Maristella Matera
- Integrating Value-based Requirement Engineering Models to WebML using VIP Business Modeling Framework
Farooque Azam, Zhang Li, Rashid Ahmad
Shaughnessy, Friday, May 11, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Towards Effective Browsing of Large Scale Social Annotations
Rui Li, Shenghua Bao, Ben Fei, Zhong Su, Yong Yu
- Supporting End-Users in the Creation of Dependable Web Clips
Sandeep Lingam, Sebastian Elbaum
- Effort Estimation: How Valuable is it for a Web company to Use a Cross-company Data Set, Compared to Using Its Own Single-company Data Set?
Emilia Mendes, Sergio Di Martino, Filomena Ferrucci, Carmine Gravino
Beatty, Friday, May 11, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Towards the Theoretical Foundation of Choreography
Zongyan Qiu, Xiangpeng Zhao, Chao Cai, Hongli Yang
- Introduction and Evaluation of Martlet, a Scientific Workflow Language for Abstracted Parallelisation
Daniel James Goodman
- Semi-Automated Adaptation of Service Interactions
Hamid R. Motahari-Nezhad , Boualem Benatallah, Axel Martens, Francisco Curbera, Fabio Casati
Beatty, Friday, May 11, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Reliable QoS Monitoring Based on Client Feedback
Radu Jurca, Walter Binder, Boi Faltings
- Preference-based Selection of Highly Configurable Web Services
Steffen Lamparter, Anupriya Ankolekar, Rudi Studer, Stephan Grimm
- Speeding up Adaptation of Web Service Compositions Using Expiration Times
John Harney, Prashant Doshi
Beatty, Friday, May 11, 2007, 5:00pm to 5:30pm.
- DIANE - An Integrated Approach to Automated Service Discovery, Matchmaking and Composition
Ulrich Kuester, Birgitta Koenig-Ries, Mirco Stern, Michael Klein
Security, Privacy, Reliability, and Ethics
Shaughnessy, Friday, May 11, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Defeating Script Injection Attacks with Browser-Enforced Embedded Policies
Trevor Jim, Nikhil Swamy, Michael Hicks
- Subspace: Secure Cross-Domain Communication for Web Mashups
Collin Jackson, Helen Wang
- Exposing Private Information by Timing Web Applications
Andrew Bortz, Dan Boneh, Palash Nandy
Shaughnessy, Friday, May 11, 2007, 5:00pm to 5:30pm.
- On Anonymizing Query Logs via Token-based Hashing
Ravi Kumar, Jasmine Novak, Bo Pang, Andrew Tomkins
New Brunswick, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- CANTINA: A Content-Based Approach to Detecting Phishing Web Sites
Yue Zhang, Jason Hong, Lorrie Cranor
- Learning to Detect Phishing Emails
Ian Fette, Norman Sadeh, Anthony Tomasic
- A Large-Scale Study of Web Password Habits
Dinei Florencio, Cormac Herley
Shaughnessy, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- A Fault Model and Mutation Testing of Access Control Policies
Evan Martin, Tao Xie
- Analyzing Web Access Control Policies
Vladimir Kolovski, James Hendler, Bijan Parsia
- Compiling Cryptographic Protocols for Deployment on the Web
Jay McCarthy, Joshua D. Guttman, John D. Ramsdell, Shriram Krishnamurthi
New Brunswick, Friday, May 11, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Toward Expressive Syndication on the Web
Christian Halaschek-Wiener, James Hendler
- Exhibit: Light-weight Structured Data Publishing
David Huynh, David Karger, Rob Miller
- SPARQ2L: Towards Support For Subgraph Extraction Queries in RDF Databases
Kemafor Anyanwu, Angela Maduko, Amit Sheth
New Brunswick, Friday, May 11, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- Measuring Semantic Similarity between Words Using Web Search Engines
Danushka Bollegala, Yutaka Matsuo, Mitsuru Ishizuka
- Using Google Distance to Weight Approximate Ontology Matches
Risto Risto Gligorov, Zharko Aleksovski, Warner ten Kate, Frank van Harmelen
- Hierarchical, Perceptron-like Learning for Ontology-Based Information Extraction
Yaoyong Li, Kalina Bontcheva
New Brunswick, Friday, May 11, 2007, 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
- From SPARQL to Rules (and back)
- Bridging the Gap Between OWL and Relational Databases
Boris Motik, Ian Horrocks, Ulrike Sattler
- ActiveRDF: Object-Oriented Semantic Web Programming
Eyal Oren, Renaud Delbru, Sebastian Gerke, Armin Haller, Stefan Decker
New Brunswick, Friday, May 11, 2007, 5:00pm to 5:30pm.
- Explorations in the Use of Semantic Web Technologies for Product Information Management
Jean-Sebastien Brunner, Li Ma, Chen Wang, Lei Zhang, Daniel C. Wolfson , Yue Pan, Kavitha Srivinas
Shaughnessy, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- Yago: A Core of Semantic Knowledge - Unifying WordNet and Wikipedia
Fabian M. Suchanek, Gjergji Kasneci, Gerhard Weikum
- Ontology Summarization Based on RDF Sentence Graph
Xiang Zhang, Gong Cheng, Yuzhong Qu
- Just the Right Amount: Extracting Modules from Ontologies
Bernardo Cuenca Grau, Ian Horrocks, Yevgeny Kazakov, Ulrike Sattler
Shaughnessy, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- The Two Cultures: Mashing Up Web 2.0 and the Semantic Web (position paper)
Anupriya Ankolekar, Markus Kroetzsch, Thanh Tran, Denny Vrandecic
- Analysis of Topological Characteristics of Huge Online Social Networking Services
Yong-Yeol Ahn, Seungyeop Han, Haewoon Kwak, Sue Moon, Hawoong Jeong
- P-TAG: Large Scale Automatic Generation of Personalized Annotation TAGs for the Web
Paul - Alexandru Chirita, Stefania Costache, Siegfried Handschuh, Wolfgang Nejdl
Beatty, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 10:30am to 12 noon.
- The Complex Dynamics of Collaborative Tagging
Harry Halpin, Valentin Robu, Hana Shepherd
- Expertise Networks in Online Communities: Structure and Algorithms
Jun Zhang, Mark Ackerman, Lada Adamic
- Internet-Scale Collection of Human-Reviewed Data
Qi Su, Dmitry Pavlov, Jyh-Herng Chow, Wendell Baker
Beatty, Saturday, May 12, 2007, 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- DETECTIVES: DETEcting Coalition hiT Inflation attacks in adVertising nEtworks Streams
Ahmed Metwally, Divyakant Agrawal, Amr El Abbadi
- Extraction and Search of Chemical Formulae in Text Documents on the Web
Bingjun Sun, Qingzhao Tan, Prasenjit Mitra, C. Lee Giles
- A Content-Driven Reputation System for the Wikipedia
B. Thomas Adler, Luca de Alfaro