Exploration of Query Context for Information Retrieval
- Keke Cai (Zhejiang University)
- Chun Chen (Zhejiang University)
- Jiajun Bu (Zhejiang University)
- Peng Huang (Zhejiang University)
- Zhiming Kang (Zhejiang University)
A number of existing information retrieval systems propose the notion of query context to combine the knowledge of query and user into retrieval to reveal the most exact description of users information needs. In this paper we interpret query context as a document consisting of sentences related to the current query. This kind of query context is used to re-estimate the relevance probabilities of top-ranked documents and then re-rank top-ranked documents. The experiments show that the proposed context-based approach for information retrieval can greatly improved relevance of search results.