- About WWW2008
- About Beijing
- Call for papers
- Hotel Information
- Media and Publicity
- * Tutorials
- * Workshops
- WWW2007 Survey
Host of the Conference Series
International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee
In Cooperation With
China Computer Federation
International Federation for Information Processing
National Science Foundation of China
World Wide Web Consortium
**Sponsors are Listed In Alphabetic Order**
Tourist Attractions in Beijing
Beijing is home to some of the most famous tourist attractions in the world. There is an endless amount to see and do in this city so a short visit might require a bit of planning. The obvious starting points are the attractions that draw the biggest crowds, namely The Great Wall (a side-trip out of the city), The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, the Temple of Heaven and the Summer Palaces (old and new). In addition to these tourist favourites there are dozens of other fascinating temples and historic sites worth exploring in and around the city.
Beijing is developing at an alarmingly fast pace and often resembles a huge construction site. Despite the building sites, glitzy shopping malls and high rise buildings however, you can still experience a little of the 'old Beijing' by simply wandering around the hutongs or taking a hutong tour.
In addition to visiting historic sites, visitors to Beijing will certainly want to experience some shopping. Xiushui Jie Market (Silk Alley), Ya Xiu (Ya Show) and Hongqiao (Pearl Market) are three popular stops on most tourists' shopping itinerary, as is the colorful and very vibrant Panjiayuan Antique Market.
- Badaling Great Wall & Ming tombs (1 day tour)
- Great Wall in Juyongguan, Pass Ming Ding Tomb & Sacred Way (1 day tour)
- Badaling Great Wall & Forbidden City (1 day tour)
- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven & Summer Palace (1 day tour)
- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City & Temple of Heaven (1 day tour)
- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City & Summer Palace (1 day tour)
- Tiananmen Square, Yonghe Lama Temple, Confucius Temple, Hutong Tour
- Summer Palace, Yonghe Lama Temple & Panda Zoo (1 day tour)
More tourist infor will be provided both on site and in the hotels.