Sexual Health Guide
Sexuality is a big part of being human. Love, affection and sexual intimacy all play a role in healthy relationships. They also contribute to your sense of well-being. A number of disorders can affect the ability to have or enjoy sex in both men and women.
Sexual health is a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality; it is not merely the absence of disease, dysfunction or infirmity. Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence. For sexual health to be attained and maintained, the sexual rights of all persons must be respected, protected and fulfilled
DISEASES AND INFECTIONS:
HIV and AIDS
- HIV/AIDS at a Glance - Symptoms, Facts, Prevention & Treatment
- HIV/AIDS Basics - Basic information about HIV/AIDS, HIV prevention, and HIV testing
- Myths About HIV and AIDS - article corrects top 10 myths about AIDS and HIV.
- HIV/AIDS pregnancy - steps to lower the risk of giving HIV to your baby
- Prevention methods - how to prevent hiv/aids and other stds
Sexually transmitted diseases and Infections
- Chlamydia - CDC Fact Sheet
- Gonorrhea - Here we discuss the symptoms, treatment, diagnosis and tests, as well as how gonorrhea is passed on.
- Genital herpes - Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this highly contagious disease
- HIV/AIDS - What is HIV/AIDS? Cause of AIDS. How is HIV transmitted
- HPV – described discovery of early evidence that human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Syphilis - answered a many questions about syphilis
- Trichomoniasis – describes trichomonas and his life cycle
SEXUAL HEALTH SERVICES
- Contraceptive Services - Abortion Clinics and Contraceptive Services: Opportunities and Challenges
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing clinics - If you are sexually active and are having unusual symptoms staff can help you in a professional and non-judgmental manner.
- Genitourinary Medical Oncology - Faculty and staff of the Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology
- Sexual assault referral centres - SARCs are specialist medical and forensic services for anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted.
- Guide to sexual health services - If you have a disability and you have special requirements you should make arrangements in advance.
SEXUAL VIOLENCE PREVENTION
- Sexual Injury Prevention & Control - 4-step approach to address public health problems like sexual violence
- Assault Prevention and Awareness Center - SAPAC provides educational and supportive services related to sexual assault, intimate partner violence, sexual harassment, and stalking.
- Sexual Violence Prevention Program - primary prevention educational trainings; efforts to increase awareness regarding the prevention of sexual violence
- Sexual Violence Toolkit - toolkit was developed by the American College Health Association and supported by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The National LGBT Health Education Center - provides educational programs and resources
- LGBT Health HRSA - Resources to improve access to care and eliminate health disparities for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
- Center for LGBT Health Research - About Student Involvement in the LGBT Pop Center
- LGBT Health Issues - Understand Important GLBT Health Issues
- Research Tools LGBT Health - Data & Methodology Resources on LGBT Health
- Prenatal Health Care - Key to protecting the health of your child is to get regular prenatal care
- BabyCentre - 10 steps to a healthy pregnancy
- The Pregnancy Diet - your easy-to-follow guide to the healthiest way to eat for the next nine months
- Pregnancy Tips - 50 Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Weight Gain Calculator - Free online calculator to recommend the pregnancy weight gain
- Methods fact sheet - describes different types of birth control
- Pills - How Does the Birth Control Pill Work?
- Birth Control and Contraception - Explain Difference Between Birth Control and Contraception
- Contraception guide - Find out about the 15 methods of contraception