Dancing has been a form of recreation as well as occupation for more than a hundred years. It is also a form of art that can be mastered. It is said that, through dancing we can express our deepest emotions because our movements can convey more than our mouth can speak. Dancing does not only show our emotions but it can also be used to tell a story, a history of a place, a life of someone famous, or a tradition of one’s country.
Dancing and history has been partnered from the moment dancing was found. Some countries are known for their dances, and others develop their own versions of a dance. Let us take square dancing for example, it is originally from England but later on spread to Europe, then the Europeans brought it to North America. Now, even if square dancing was originally from England, a lot of modified square dancing has been developed. But let us take a closer look at square dancing through the most comfortable source of information, which is the internet.
SQUARE DANCING AS A WHOLE
- The Name - Definition of square dancing
- The Background - History of square dancing
- The Style - How to dance the square dance
- The Person Behind - Who started it all?
MODIFIED SQUARE DANCING
- Traditional Appalachian Square Dancing - Steps
- Western Square Dance - Definition, History and Steps
- Playford - Definition, History and Steps
- Barn Dance - Definition
- Céilidh Dance - Definition, History and Steps
DANCES THAT EXISTED DURING THE TIME OF SQUARE DANCING
- Baroque Dance - Definition, History and Steps
- Minuet Dance - Definition, History and Steps
- Foliesd’Espagne - Definition
- Allemande - Definition